Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WIP: Continental Soldier

Good evening, everyone. I know what you must be thinking.....two posts in one day?! Crazy isn't it?

This is the figure shown in a previous entry, and I thought it was time to give some life to him. To paint this chap I tried something a little bit different, though, than I usually do for 28mm figures. Instead of simply painting over the base color with a layer coat, I drybrushed instead to help make the figure a bit grittier.


I used Mordian Blue and Screaming Skull as the base colors on the coat and trousers respectively. The regimental coat was then drybrushed with Regal Blue and Shadow Grey to give it a lighter, slightly faded look. I really liked how it turned out! For the trousers, I drybrushed Skull White on top of the base color, washed them in a dark grey, and then drybrushed a little more white. I'm not sure I like this quite as much, but I'll see when everything's done.

The skin, musket and accouterments need to be finished and the base needs to be detailed yet. But he's almost done!

Anyway, what do you all think? Comments are welcome and much appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great, Zach! I like how you "dirtied" up the trousers a bit...nice job all the way round!

    ReplyDelete