Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Death Korps of Krieg Test Figure

It's been a long time since I've done anything with Warhammer 40,000, but I knew it was only a matter of time before I returned to it. It was the game that first got me into miniatures after all. It's also fairly easy to find players out here on the East Coast. Flames of War too, but that's a blog post for a later time.

Something I've always wanted to do is run a Death Korps of Krieg army for the Imperial Guard. These guys are inspired by World War I soldiers and come complete with gas mask, puttees and trench coats. Everyone and their mother seems to paint them up as Germans, though. There's nothing wrong with that but I wanted a different look for my force. Given that I like a little bit of color within the dark and gloomy setting of 40k and am big on how good an army looks as it's being slaughtered, I decided to paint the test figure up as a WWI French soldier. That horizon blue looks très bon!


This unfortunate chap has taken a shot to the ribs and is fading fast. He implores his comrades for help, but they take no notice of him as they charge headlong into a storm of murderous fire. 


I scored this figure on eBay and payed a decent price for it (in my own mind anyway). It took two or three hours to finish him up, which actually kind of surprised me. But I'm quite fond of how this guy turned out. I think it'll be nice to see a whole force of these guys on the game table. But it's gonna take time. A whole lot of precious time. 

What do you think? Thoughts and comments are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment