Translate

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Form Battalions!

An update on the Prussians!

I've gotten all of my Landwehr together and placed in their proper battalions. This is about half of General von Horn's 7th Brigade. This is the first time I've managed to get all of the figures together in one place (though some still need assembling as you can probably tell). I decided to increase the unit size to 30 figures based on some things I was reading about historical battalion sizes.


Right before the above photo was taken, however, disaster very nearly struck. I had these figures on the second shelf of my display case when the first shelf (with my X-Wing Miniatures Game ships) decided to fail and fall right into them.



After a few terrifying moments and numerous curse words, I was relieved to find that the damage was minimal. Only three figures had broken off their bases, and they weren't even finished so it was an easy fix. A few others had some chipped paint and slightly bent bayonets, but these also proved to be quick repairs. 


After all the commotion subsided, Jimmy came down to see what was going on.


All told, I have 150 figures here representing the Landwehr. Needed still are 96 or so more to represent the regular army troops. And I have at least 100 more Landwehr figures sitting in boxes (think I got a little overzealous in collecting them over the years). So I may decide at some point to create another brigade from Yorck's Prussian 1st Army Corps....likely the 1st Brigade which was also heavily engaged in the assault on Möckern.


2 comments: