Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Lunch Break Hobby Time, Part III


While taking out the trash last week, two bits of packaging for our new exercise bike fell out. I instantly had an idea to make A-frame tents out of them. I've been using a lot of my break time to work on them and I think the project is coming along nicely. 



I measured 2 inches and made the appropriate marks. 


The dimensions aren't perfect, but I figure they're good enough for my purposes. Plus I think I'll mount them onto individual bases so that should help with the height a bit.


For the tent flaps, I traced the outline onto some thin bits of cardboard that came with our cats' food. 


Voila! I'll probably cut some flaps open to give it a more realistic effect but we'll see what happens. 

Now, there are two methods I'm thinking of trying from here for texture. One involves a dryer sheet, and the other a paper towel and heavily watered down PVA glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment