Translate

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

“The jungle...it just came alive and took him.”



I admit it: 1987’s Predator with Arnold Schwarzenegger is one of my favorite films. It’s a highly quotable, classic action film with a great cast and filled with iconic scenes. For me, one of those best scenes is when Dillon (played by Carl Weathers) meets his end...but not before getting his arm blown off.


With my recent Catachan project going full steam ahead, I knew I had to replicate this scene in 28mm. What better way to do it than as an objective marker?



This was an absolute joy to make! I’ve decided to use dried parsley flakes on all my jungle bases from here on out, which gives it just a little more depth. Once everything was varnished and sealed, some of Games Workshop’s Blood for the Blood God technical paint was applied. I worry about the marker being too gory, but I also feel it captures the feel and tone of both Predator and Warhammer 40k in general.

I may make some some other markers based off the movie, but there are also so many other iconic scenes from Vietnam War movies as well. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment