Translate

Monday, October 21, 2019

Crimson Stormtrooper Test Figure

Apologies for the month long absence! This last month has been something, with both good and bad things happening. But that’s the way it goes sometimes, isn’t it?
 
I’ve finally found the time to play with some of my Star Wars: Legion figures, and finished off this Crimson Stormtrooper tonight. 







Crimson Stormtroopers are specialized troops who operate in volcanic areas. Their only canonical appearance so far (that I know of) are as a 6” Black Series action figure from a few years ago.





I stumbled across a 40k Blood Angels painting tutorial and decided that I wanted to try it for this guy. The figure was painted mostly by dry-brushing, as seen in the first part of the video below:




The bases were really fun to make! I painted them in various reds, oranges, and yellows and slapped on some of Games Workshop’s new Mordant Earth. I’m really pleased with how they came out!
The rest of the figure, though, I’m not so sure about. But I do like the really worn and weathered look. It looks fitting for someone who’s working in a volcanic area. But I also have some Blood Angels Red Contrast paint, so I might try another test and see which one I like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment