Translate

Friday, November 15, 2019

Tamiya Navy Blue Paint

In the course of working on my new and updated Green Angels X-Wing squadron, I've finally tried Tamiya paints. In this particular case, their Navy Blue spray paint.

I'm a huge fan! 

Sprayed over a glossy black coat of paint.

The USS Midway's F4U Corsair & myself in 2011.

It might be a little hard to tell in the photo, but the color is absolutely perfect. It looks exactly like the F4U Corsair I've seen aboard the USS Midway in San Diego, California. I definitely made the right call in trying this spray paint out.

The paint was sprayed over a coat of Testors Glossy Black that had been lightly drybrushed with heavily thinned GW Eshin Grey (and a bit of Vallejo Gloss Varnish too). It needs detailing now, of course, but I think this is a great starting point.

This stuff is seriously fantastic!

I'm eager to try out some of Tamiya's other colors now! I'm impressed with the number of aircraft-specific paint they have, which has my creative mind working overtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment