Translate

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

An Ode to GEEKS

Whittier's Friendly Local Game Store! 

To GEEKS we shall go!
But alas, only in our minds
Happy memories 

Of all the lost game shops I've written about this past month, GEEKS is the one that probably hurts the most. This was my FLGS. It was located in my hometown of Whittier, CA and according to my sister closed down fairly recently. It had all manners of board games and collectible toys, as well as just about every comic and graphic novel you could think of. It's gaming selection was admittedly small but I made sure to raid it every time I visited. GEEKS also boasted two 8' x 6' gaming tables and plenty of well painted terrain. It was here that the Battle of the Grasshopper took place in 2008. GEEKS was one of my favorite places to hang out.

Photo courtesy of Yelp.

Photo courtesy of Yelp.

Photo courtesy of Yelp.


Photo courtesy of Yelp.


I really miss visiting this place when I go home to visit my family, but thankfully I have tons of fond memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment