Translate

Friday, May 29, 2020

An Ode to Game Empire Pasadena


Okay, this one hurts an awful lot.

Game Empire has been my absolute favorite game shop for over a decade. Going up to Pasadena for games with Ben, or just going to hang out and scrounge through their amazing bits bins, it was always a friendly and positive vibe going on. A lot of that had to with the owner Chuck, who sadly passed away earlier this year. I found out yesterday that Game Empire is closing its doors permanently.

I always made a point of stopping by the shop whenever I was in California. I was always chomping at the bit to go. I’ve found some amazing things there over the years, but they pale in comparison to all the wonderful memories. 







The famous bits bins! 

I actually knew Game Empire through two locations. The current shop was their home after 2011 (I think). Their first space was considerably smaller, but filled with just as many awesome memories...such as when my lone rocket team blew up a Baneblade in an incredibly lucky shot.





Land o’ thousand games
It’s closing really hurts the most 
Thanks for the good times 

No comments:

Post a Comment