Translate

Friday, December 21, 2012

Raus! Raus! Schnell!

My bailed out Panzer crew is finally done! This was my first attempt at really painting 15mm figures, and I certainly learned quite a few things along the way: like to wait until the end to paint the pea dot camouflage or to prime and paint the figures on a Popsicle stick first before gluing them to a base. And other things like that too. I can't wait to take all that I've learned on these guys and apply them to my next batch of figures (though that may be some time from now, as I'm getting ready to move across the country). 



As I mentioned previously, I wasn't happy with the modelling clay I initially used for the snow. After a bit of research I decided to use Golden Coarse Pumice Gel. What a Godsend! I applied it with no problem and it was dry after only a few hours. I then gave it a base coat of Screaming Skull and highlighted the whole thing (several times) with Skull White. Not too shabby in my opinion.

And I decided to add a little color to it all and make some of the crew pretty seriously wounded. It also may or may not have been an attempt to hide some mistakes during painting.....but I'll never tell for sure.

What do you think? Any feedback is welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment