Translate

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Car Trouble, Part II

Here's Part II of my latest project!

Once I got home I scrounged up the materials I would need for my crashed Schwimmwagen objective marker: base, model and blue foam. Not pictured is a ballpoint pen, metal file, glue and paint.


This was my first time using blue foam for modelling. What followed for the next few hours was a lot of cutting, gluing, painting and swearing. But ultimately this was the result:


The layout is a little different than what I had initially planned, but I like how it turned out. I may put trees along the banks of the river to give it more of an Ardennes feel, but I may not. With the Schwimmwagen added, it will look a little something like this.


The next step will be to cut the car in half in order to make it look like it's floating on its side. That will hopefully be done tonight. I'm contemplating adding bullet holes and other battle damage to the Schwimmwagen to make it look like it was run off the road during an Allied air raid. I suppose we'll see what happens as this progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment