Translate

Monday, March 30, 2020

The One Colour Challenge

As discussed in my previous post, I signed up for the One Colour Challenge on Instagram. I was assigned green, and so armed with an assortment of shades I went to work! 

I finished after about two days’ worth of work, and had fun! But not going to lie: I’m so tired of working with Moot Green for the time being. It also gets everywhere. 



An old Space Marine was chosen for the task. To create a bit more visual interest, I decided to put him on top of a supply box. I like to think he’s defending the last shipment of toilet paper in the sector. Everything else is essentially my normal jungle base but with bits of dried parsley sprinkled on to represent more foliage. I might end up using that on my normal bases after this. I kinda like the effect. 

Without further ado, here are the paints used:
  • Moot Green (Games Workshop)
  • Yellow Green (Vallejo)
  • Military Green (Vallejo)
  • Black Green (Vallejo)
  • Green Grey (Vallejo)
  • Russian Green (Vallejo)
  • Biel-Tan Green (Games Workshop)
  • Athonian Camoshade (Games Workshop)
  • Nuln Oil (Games Workshop...and yes, it was allowed)
I was glad to do this challenge. It helped pass the time and stretched my creative muscles. I can’t wait to see what the others have done for their entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment