Translate

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Blood Red Skies on a Christmas Morning

I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday! This  post is a bit later than I wanted it to be, but I suppose going back to work the day after Christmas will throw a wrench in the works. But I digress.


My mom gave me some planes for Warlord's Blood Red Skies...and not just any planes! I've now got a squadron of F4U Corsairs, along with "Pappy" Boyington himself. Looks like I'm making the historical Black Sheep as well! 

The planes are also about the same scale as the X-Wing Miniatures Game, which means that I should be able to use the same techniques and methods as my T-65 X-Wing Black Sheep and Green Angel squadrons. I think I may take them to the next level, though, and get some 1/200 scale decals from Miscellaneous Miniatures (which I only discovered after I finished my X-Wing squadrons). It looks like they have a pretty cool Black Sheep decal set that I think will work splendidly!



I also want to take a moment to praise Warlord’s customer service. When I opened the “Pappy” Ace set I noticed that the Ace Pilot card was missing. What a bummer!

Well deserved! Photo courtesy of Warlord Games.

I emailed Warlord Games explaining the situation and they said they’d send me a replacement card free of charge. I can see why they won “Best Customer Service” from Wargames Illustrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment