Translate

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

On the Workbench: The Green Angels, Part II


 Made some progress on the Green Angels today! As I’ve said in previous posts, they’re based off of  a photo of an F4U Corsair from NAS Los Alamitos in Southern California. 



I opted to paint the engine intakes orange because I thought it’d look a tad cleaner. They were then given an orange wash, while the rest of the ship was given a light grey wash. I’d intended to panel line the model but realized that it might be a bit much at that scale.


Then I realized that I hadn’t applied the decals. I’d been intending to apply them before washing or weathering the ship, but I think I can still make it work. I’m going to apply some gloss varnish before applying them and call it good.

The decals themselves are a mixture of 1/144 and 1/350 scale sets. They’re going to be the next step of this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment