Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

On the Workbench: The Green Angels, Part III

Just a quick update on the Green Angels for you all!


I started applying decals today, which is something I've been dreading. Today I confirmed something that I've long suspected: I really don't like applying decals. Yes they make the model pop, but I've found that my patience really wasn't up to it today. But I chugged along anyway as best I could.


I didn't help that I was having issues with some of the decals. I think my Navy decals are too old or something, because they kept splitting in two. After three tries I decided to go on without them. Unless I can find replacements (it took me forever to find the sheet that I ended up getting) I think they might go without. But I think it might be okay.


I do have to say that the decals look really nice! I picked up a few sets of 1/144 scale MARK 1 brand USAAF insignia and number decals for this project. So far I just have these two X-Wings done and I'll get to the other two later this evening.   

No comments:

Post a Comment